Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Technology Intergration Experience (TIE) Thoughts

I really enjoyed watchinng Courtney Barrington's voicethread. I could definetley do something like this in my first grade class. I liked that she had the children read their sentence about what they were thankful for. It gives the children a sense of ownership because they can come back and watch the voicethread and feel good about their work. I also liked that she didnt show the children's faces and just showed the picture they drew and the sentence they wrote. The other voicethread I watched was Mariselda Moreno's Exploring Bodies of Water. I really liked that she did her lesson in groups and the chidlren were all reading what they found out about the different types of water. None of the students feel left out when they all get to read together in a group. I also enjoyed that she would ask a question about what kind of body of water they were talking about and asked for an example of one. The students were to go into the voice thread and type in a example of a body of water. One thing I dont think I would do would be to add a video on the side of the main voicethread, I think I would of just kept it with the main picture of the body of water, the voices and the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment